Saturday, June 4, 2011

Wedding Day

The wedding of Joel Leslie Walther and Megan Jo Crumm was quite beautiful and I am honored to have been a part of it.  I couldn't be happier than watching two great friends that I love covenant to live with and to love one another for as long as they shall live.  And it was certainly good to see a number of people that I may not have much of a chance to see anymore now that they have graduated from seminary.

It was a hot and long day, though, so I will make this post short to make time for a good night's rest.  While reveling in the beauty of the wedding, I thought about how beautiful it would be if we all covenant to God to love everyone.  We cry and laugh when two people love each other and display that love to all the world.  So why not cry and laugh when we covenant to love 27 million people?  That, I think, would be unimaginably beautiful and joyful.  And maybe then those 27 million slaves would be able to experience the joy of their own wedding.  Often slaves are so broken and so distrusting that they cannot or choose not to feel love.  Let's make wedding days applicable to all people, eh?

On that note, I hope that the Stanley Cup Finals will be as beautiful as the wedding today.  Let's go Bruins because, unfortunately, you do have a lot of control over my emotional and spiritual state.  I don't want to be depressed at the end of this bike trip.  Would it be improper of me to ask for y'all to pray for a Bruins win...?

No comments:

Post a Comment