Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Book

Despite my leanings toward cockiness and obnoxious self-promotion, I do not think that I have told you, my committed reader, that I am currently in the process of writing a book about my bike trip.  I already have 15,000 words written, which amounts to two chapters and an introduction, though none of it is finished. 

If you hop over to my other blog, Writing to Live, at writinglive.blogspot.com, you'll see that I am trying to be a writer in life.  That means that all of my time and effort is directed toward writing--other than, of course, all the time I put into video games.  15,000 words, then, will hopefully quickly turn into a finished product.  My plan right now is to complete an unpolished product by September and then fill in with information from my blog posts and other details and facts that require any energy in finding.  I don't like writing while also trying to find things. 

What all of this means is that you have a limited amount of time to give me your input.  If you have been a loyal reader of this blog, then let me know if you have a favorite post that you'd like to receive some ink-time in my book; or let me know if there's an idea that I've developed over time that you'd like me to focus on; or just give me support, or something.  There are a number of ways that you can have input in this process and I hope that you won't hesitate to contact me and let me know.

And, of course, I hope that you start feeling pangs of anticipation for the arrival of the book.  You better buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment